This page has moved to a new address.

GFXUI has stopped working – how to fix this error in windows 7

Tutorials and Tips: GFXUI has stopped working – how to fix this error in windows 7

Tutorials and Tips

A Blog for non computer experts like me.

Wednesday, December 14

GFXUI has stopped working – how to fix this error in windows 7


I am using windows 7 since a year but I never faced any difficulty in windows 7. Yesterday, I have deleted some of the unnecessary files from my computer to speed up my computer a little. I someway unchecked the .Net framework in the settings in control panel and I forgot about it. Now, when I turned on my computer; it was showing a message ‘GFXUI has stopped working’. I tried to resolve this problem by myself but I failed. I was worried about this error and restart the computer but it again popped up on the desktop.

I checked for online solutions but there are different methods of solving this issue, I tried some of them and finally one of them worked. I thought maybe some of the people faced this problem on their windows 7 too, I made a short tutorial on how to fix ‘gfxui has stopped working’ error in windows 7.

Procedure:

Go to Control Panel > under the programs  > uninstall a program.


Now see at the left side >Turn windows feature on and off.


It might say please wait. So wait a while.
Check the box Microsoft .Net framework, when you click on the check, the box color will be blue.

Press ok button, it again take some time to apply these settings.
Now, restart your computer to make sure GFXUI error will not pop up again.

I hope these settings will work for you. If you still see the pop up gfxui error message then uninstall the Microsoft .Net framework. Go to Control Panel> Uninstall program> Microsoft .Net framework. Now, download the new update of .Net framework from Microsoft website.  I hope this error will be fixed. If you still don’t able to resolve the issue, please contact Microsoft support.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

23 Comments:

At February 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

worked great thanks alot

 
At March 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM , Anonymous Antivirus Support said...

well illustrated solution

 
At April 2, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Blogger R Wali said...

Easy and to the point.. Well done..Keep Posting

 
At April 2, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Blogger R Wali said...

Short and to the point....Keep it up

 
At April 28, 2012 at 5:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it worked......... i hope u will keep posting like this awesome tutorials thanks thank u so much

 
At May 6, 2012 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Rakesh Banerjee said...

Thanks a lot friend, Bye

 
At May 24, 2012 at 2:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thx

 
At June 13, 2012 at 6:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not only did this fix the GFXUI problem, it also fixed a similar problem I was having with a different program (Dell DataSafe Local Backup). Thanks for the info!

 
At June 19, 2012 at 5:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

txs al lot man its vork for me

 
At July 26, 2012 at 5:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thnks man.. works great

 
At August 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you my friend.

 
At August 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM , Blogger suzy said...

Thanks worked straight away and in easy language so even I could umderstand

 
At August 11, 2012 at 1:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. It helped.

 
At August 15, 2012 at 3:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should also click on the + sign next to the Microsoft.NETFramework3.5.1 box and turn on it's subfeatures! Thanks!

 
At August 15, 2012 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Дамир Жузжанов said...

Thank you very much!!!

 
At August 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i already found it like that , any help plz i have problem with the remote play for ps3 ... (Error has stopped working !)

 
At August 17, 2012 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Miguel Maldonado said...

Thank you very much!!!

 
At August 24, 2012 at 6:00 AM , Anonymous topgun said...

It worked! now how about "HP advisor has stopped working" the second window that pops up on start? It appears on my hp laptop after the gfxui not working window. Many thanks for the gfxui fix Cheers, Topgun

 
At August 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worked like a charm. Also got rid of my "Dell DataSafe Local Backup has stopped working" message. Thanks!

 
At August 27, 2012 at 7:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks alot worked great

 
At September 6, 2012 at 7:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This should actually work, but still my lappy shows the same problem - with a message that all the features are not successfully loaded. Will try updating my .NET framework and see what happens. Anyways thanks for the info.

 
At September 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM , Blogger mac attack said...

I did exactly the same thing with Windows (& for same reasons) to create this problem. This fix worked...quick & simple. THANK YOU!!

 
At September 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Manuel Conde said...

Thanks a lot! It realley helps!!!

 

Post a Comment

Please do not add spam links. I always do comment moderation. Therefore, it is very unlikely your spam comment will be shown up on the blog.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home