I am using windows 7 since a year but I never faced any difficulty in windows 7. Yesterday, I have deleted some of the unnecessary files from my computer to speed up my computer a little. I someway unchecked the .Net framework in the settings in control panel and I forgot about it. Now, when I turned on my computer; it was showing a message ‘GFXUI has stopped working’. I tried to resolve this problem by myself but I failed. I was worried about this error and restart the computer but it again popped up on the desktop.
I checked for online solutions but there are different methods of solving this issue, I tried some of them and finally one of them worked. I thought maybe some of the people faced this problem on their windows 7 too, I made a short tutorial on how to fix ‘gfxui has stopped working’ error in windows 7.
• Go to Control Panel > under the programs > uninstall a program.
• Now see at the left side >Turn windows feature on and off.
• It might say please wait. So wait a while.
• Check the box Microsoft .Net framework, when you click on the check, the box color will be blue.
• Press ok button, it again take some time to apply these settings.
• Now, restart your computer to make sure GFXUI error will not pop up again.
I hope these settings will work for you. If you still see the pop up gfxui error message then uninstall the Microsoft .Net framework. Go to Control Panel> Uninstall program> Microsoft .Net framework. Now, download the new update of .Net framework from Microsoft website. I hope this error will be fixed. If you still don’t able to resolve the issue, please contact Microsoft support.